Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

drop down list text disappears in Reader

Level 2
I have a drop down list that is populated using an MS Access table. It works great in Pro, but even with usage rights extended in Reader, the list disappears when opened with Reader. What do I need to do to make it available to those using Reader?

Thanks,

Rosanne
12 Replies

Level 2
I have tried both ways. First through LiveCycle, then by bringing it into Adobe Pro and Extending them...

Former Community Member
You will have to do it in livecycle ...what rights did you give it?

Level 2
In LiveCycle, it doesn't let me choose what rights to give it. (?) What it tells me it's going to give are:

Save Form Data

Sign an existing signature field

Digitally sign document anywhere on the page.

Former Community Member
Those are the rights that are set in Acrobat ...is that where you are setting it or are you using the LiveCycle Reader Extensions UI (going to a url and getting a screen where you can choose the rights to set)?

Level 2
I'm not going to a url... This is the first time I've ever worked with LiveCycle so I'm not really familiar with how I should be doing this.

Former Community Member
Ok sounds like you are extending the file using Acrobat. That does not turn on the ability to do database access on your form. The LiveCycle server Reader Extension product does that. You can get a trial version off of the developer site but remember that it is a server product....so unless you are familiar with server software you will probably struggle with the install.

Level 2
OK, great... sigh..

Is there another way to import the list without using the Access database so that it will work in Reader?

Level 2
Lovely. There are only 896 items to enter....

Level 2
Paul, can you point me to the correct trial product so I can have the technicians install it for me? My supervisor also wants to know the cost of this product.

Thank you.

Former Community Member
The product is called LiveCycle Server and you will want the Reader Extensions component. I cannot give you a price as I do not deal in that area but it is a server product. I suggest you contact your local Adobe sales rep and have a chat with them.