Expand my Community achievements bar.

drop down list resets itself?

Former Community Member
Hi, in trying to neaten up my form I've converted a few of the radio-button groups to drop-down lists.

One of them (located on the master page) seems to reset every other time its accessed? As in: open the form, change it = OK. Change it again & it resets to the default value. Change it again = OK. Repeat.

Also - when I change the other drop down list (in the form), that first one resets to default value.

Any guesses why this is happening?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
If this is a dynamic form then each time you add a subform (or invoke a dynamic portion of the form) it will layout again. Each time it lays itself out the original settings for anything on the Master Page are used. Do not put the DropDown list on the master Page and you should be OK.

Former Community Member
Thanks again Paul.

Sadly the drop-down list is to change the company letterhead & logo that's on all the page backgrounds... I guess this means I need to do one form per company instead of having a magic 6-company form...

-j

Former Community Member
oh =- wait... doesnt mean its impossible - you just meant not to put the drop down list there... list can still be read from the master page items...

Level 1

Omgosh, I found the work-around that finally began working for me.....

Okay, the problem is that during each dynamic xml layout change of the form, the drop down list value (previously selected and chosen) is reset.

Make sure that you go to your object's "Binding Tab" and make sure that you specify Item Values AS WELL AS choose the "Use Name" drop down arrow button should be selected.

Now when my form layout changes, it doesn't revert the default option/value.  I hope you found this helpful.