Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drop-Down List Box on Form Is Cleared at Each Step in a Workflow Process

Former Community Member
Hello users,

I am posting this in the Workflow Designer, Workflow Server and Form Designer forums so that it gets a little more exposure, so I apologize if you receive this more than once.

I have a Form Designer 5.0 form attached to a Workflow Server 6.1 process. On the form, I have a drop-down list box being populated from a text box by the OnDataLoad event on the form ONLY when the process is first initiated. The text box is populated by the OnAssign event of the first step in the process map. When the task initiator submits the form to the second step in the process and the user opens the form, the drop-down list box is no longer populated - it has been cleared. There is no code anywhere in either the form or in the process map that clears this field.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is it a bug?

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Unless you hard coded the list box on design time, it will lose all data when the form is routed.

Only solution to this is:

create a text box and store your list box choice list to the text box before submitting your form and import the list box choice list back from the text box on form ready.

Hope this helps.

Former Community Member
Can you explain why you are doing it this way, and not populating the combo box using its own OnInitialize event?