Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Documents as User service output

Former Community Member
Hello ES forum!

I think I've a comprehension problem (at least I hope so) regarding the user service, especially the input and output is confusing. Can anybody approve or disprove my follwoing conclusion: "The input of the user service can be a pdf or xdp form. The output of the user service is always xml data (form data)."

Does that mean that I'll never get the PDF form back from the user? What if the Workspace user places a signature or some annotations on the form? How do I get this additional information?

By the way: This was possible in LC 7.2 using a document variable as in- and output of the User QPAC.

Regards,

Nico
3 Replies

Former Community Member
The output from the user depends on what your "Submit" button has been designed to do. By default it will be set to return the data of the form but you can change the properties of the submit button on the form to return the PDF itself.

If you receive a PDF and not the XDP data you will need to use the importData and exportData functions to get data in and out of the form. A few more steps are required to work with PDF's when compared to XDP.

If you want to use a DigSig on your form then you will need to submit a PDF.

Former Community Member
FYI, your form in the workflow should be a "Document Form" and the input / output will be the root of the variable, ie: /process_data/yourdocvar

Former Community Member
Hi Lee

excellent post, great help. It works excactly that way. Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Nico