Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Digital Signatures

Level 4

Does anyone know how to disallow someone from putting two digital signatures on a document when one signature is for the employee and the other is for the supervisor's approval? We have never allowed digital signatures because someone raised this question because they were able to create a digital signature in their supervisor's name and affix it on the document in the approval space. Is there any way to tell that both signatures were created by the same person?  I only have LiveCycle Designer 9.0 and Adobe Acrobat Pro X.  It seems that there should be some code in the signatures that shows that they were both created at the same source. I've checked the certificates details on multiple names that I created and they were different every time I affixed a signature (even one for my dog) so there was no way that I could see, that we could prove that the signatures were or weren't both affixed by the same person. Until I have a way to stop this from happening, we cannot use digital signatures on our documents. There needs to be a way to trace the signature back to the source.

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi Jeanette,

I notice here that you've had no replies - did you ever get this resolved to your satisfaction? I'm in a similar situation, I believe, where I need to provide advice on a workflow and form that requires two signatures, one from the employee and another from a supervisor. After the second signature, it gets sent to a clerk for processing.

Advice appreciated.

Carl

Former Community Member

You can set "seed" values in the signature field.  A seed value can control the behaviour of the field.  In the case mentioned in the original post, you coul set the seed value of the "supervisor" signature field so that only the specific digital certificate owned\held by the supervisor could be used to sign the field.

You can set signature field seed values so that the signature field can only be signed by...

a specific digital certificate (Signing Certificate)

any certificate issued by a specific certificat authority (Issuers and Policies)

When you are designing the form, select the signature field and click the "Settings" button in the object palette for the signature to open the seed value configuration dialog.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Thanks Steve. I'll certainly look into that and come back if I have any additional questions.

Cheers

Carl