Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Digital Signature is shown as altered when nothing is modified

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a problem with the digital signature field. After signing the form and saving it, when I next open the form, there will be a icon (green tick + yellow !) indicating that the signature is valid but the document has been updated since signed.

Problem is that nothing has been done to the form. To test the problem, I have created a form with just a text field and a document signature field.

The problem only exists if I checked the 'lock fields after signing' option in the properties. As I need to ensure that no amendments are made after signing, I will need this option.

Can anyone help or does anyone face the same problem?

I am using Adobe Livecyle Designer and Adobe Professional 8.0.

I used Adobe Reader 8.0 to sign the form and to reopen the form again after saving, and the problem will occur.

Hope someone can assist. Thanks.

GM
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi

Having similar issues ourselves, recieved some tips from Adobe but none really good. One issue that matters is if you have chosen to lock "All fieds except..." or the opposite, "Lock these fields...". Don't have the designer up right now so don't remeber the exact syntax but I believe you understand what I mean. I've got a fem more tips too, but they are at work.

Former Community Member
Do you have any script in that form that is changing the field in any way?

Former Community Member
Yes, I do have a script changing a field in my form.

However, I have tested this problem with a new form with only a single text field(no script) and the digital signature. The same error occurs.

Anyone has this problem too?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I made a simple form like yours, and signed from Acrobat 9 Professional. When I open the signed pdf, the signature is still valid, and the field has not been changed. Could you try to sign from Acrobat Professional and see if the same occurs?

Former Community Member
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for helping. Can you try it with Acrobat Reader 8.1 to see if the same problem occurs? I need to use that as my users are using that.

Thank you so much.

Regards

GM

Former Community Member
Hi,

Forgot to add that under in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8, 'Form Properties' -> Defaults tab, my Scripting setting is set to Preserve Scripting Changes to From When Saved: Manually.

The problem does not occur when it is set as automatically. But as I need to certify the form, I have to set as manual.

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Your new information gave a new dimension to my testing. :) I signed the pdf in Reader 8, and I got the yellow mark when I set to manual. However, in Acrobat Pro 9, it works fine. I didn't try with reader 9 though.

Former Community Member
Hi Daniel,

Really appreciate your help in testing. Wonder if that is a bug in Reader 8. It works fine in my Acrobat Pro 8 too.

However, as I cannot expect my users to have the Pro version, I am really stuck with the reader. Reader 9 has no 'yellow mark' problem, but I will need to manually validate the document every time it is opened.

Can anyone help please? Or at least confirm if that is really a bug. =) Thanks.

Regards

Former Community Member
Hi,

I agree you can't expect them to have Acrobat Pro. Would it be possible to ask them to install Reader 9, as the problem doesn't seem to be present there? I think it looks like a bug in Reader 8. However, when it has been fixed in version 9, Adobe will not do anything to correct it in Reader 8, if there isn't already a patch. By the way, I believe I tested with the latest version of Reader 8 (8.1.2).