Expand my Community achievements bar.

Digital Signature breaks in Workspace.

Level 7
I have added a submit button in the PDF with a submitURL of

http://localhost:8080/workspace-server/submit

along with process fields.

When the form is viewed in Workspace, the submit button tranforms into the approve button (in workspace) and it breaks the signature.

Can anyone help me to overcome this issue or suggest an alternate way to view a signed PDF in Workspace without breaking the signature.

Thank you in advance for helping.
9 Replies

Level 10
Make sure your PDF is a static PDF and not dynamic.

Jasmin

Level 7
Jasmin,

I will need to use a dynamic PDF as I am using instances. Is there no other way, I can get it to work ?

I have a Approve and Decline path. How do I configure the decline to work ?

Many thanks for replying.

Aditya

Level 2
If you need to use the dynamic PDF, I think that the form gets re-rendered each time on the client, which would in turn break the digital signature. Let me try a few things in my server.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have done something similar:

In my scenarion my process should receive a signed PDF which I should show to the workspace user.

I did this by selecting the document input variable as the input for the "Assign Task-service". To be able to have the approve/deny buttons in workspace I added the process fields (don't know if they are neccesary) and set the submit

url on the FS_Submit button to http://localhost:8080/workspace-server/submit

This does not break the signature on my forms as I am only opening the document and not re-rendering it.

If you have any comments or questions just ask and I will try to answer.

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
You can also try not adding the Process Fields, but instead, just add a submit button. A submit button is just a button set with a context type of Submit and also add the Form Bridge object to your form. Adding the Form Bridge object prevents the render service from augmenting your form, which invalidates digital signatures.

For more information about the adding a submit button to your form, see the Signature service > Best Practices > Requirements for form design and Workspace ES in the LiveCycle ES Services guide (http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_services_82).

Hope that helps!

Level 10
Also make sure to hide the submit button on the form. The form bridge will try to hide it if it's not hidden and that could break the signature since it changes the document.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Yes I forgot to write that I was also using the Form Bridge, thank you for pointing that out. I have also tried with just the submit button and it also works like a charm.

Sincerely

Kim

Level 7
Kim - With your suggestion, it does work like a charm for me too.

Gilbert - I was able to approve/decline the form (without breaking the Signature) with submit button and form bridge.

Jasmin - Hiding the button also helped.

I think , my mistakes were :

1) When I inserted the process fields(in LC Designer), I assigned the Submit URL to the AWS_Submit button.

2) I didn't extend the form (does it make a difference ?)

Thank you so much for your help guys. Really appreciate it.