Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer & Web Services

Former Community Member
Hello,

I've install Adobe LiveCycle ES trial version with JBoss.

I would like to create a form with witch I can call web services (and send datas to another application). I follow the tutorial of Zee Yang (http://www.flexlive.net/?p=70) and in the end, when I click on my "submit" button, nothing appens...

But my web services are OK, we can call them with another appli !

What can I do ?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english

Marion.
16 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you turn security off on your web service (allow anonymopus access in adminui) also check your appserver log to see if any messages appear when you make the call.

Former Community Member
No there's no messages in my appserver log ...

:-(

It's like the submit button doesn't do anything ... I think the problem is in Designer !

Former Community Member
Did you drag the submit button onto the form from the wsdl connection?

Is the button setup to run client side or server side.

Former Community Member
yes, I follow the Zee Yang tutorial step to step and in the end it work for him !

And I tried to setup the button to run client side, server side and both...

:(

Former Community Member
Is the web service you are using a public web service so i can try it from here?

Former Community Member
Is it a secure web service?

Are you using Acrobat or Reader?

Former Community Member
I am using Adobe Reader ... Someone tells me that I should use Acrobat Pro, is it true ?

Former Community Member
Acrobat Reader can support Web services but you will have to Reader Extend the form for it to work. If you use Acrobat Pro then you will not need Reader Extensions.

Hope that helps

Former Community Member
Okay ... and how can I do that ?

And other question : in the "preview PDF" in designer, my call to web service should work or not ?

Thank you a lot Paul

Former Community Member
Reader Extensions is a server based product that will allow you to add rights to your form that will enable certain features of your form in Reader. Web Services is one of those rights....or you can use Acrobat Pro where you do not have this restriction.

The Preview merely calls the PDF Viewer on your machine. If it is Reader then you are experiencing the same problem.

Former Community Member
Ok ... and I guess reader extensions is not include in the trial version of livecycle ...

So maybe my problem come from here ! I'll see what i can do, thank you Paul.

Former Community Member
I believe it is installed but you need a certificate to be used for Reader Extensions. Not sure where you would get one .....is there one on the download site? If not you may need to contact your sales representative to get one.

Former Community Member
Yes I found a livecycle reader extensions trial certificate on the download site ( http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/support_knowledge_center_readerextensions.html ). But when I go to http://localhost:8080/ReaderExtensions/ as I see it in another topic, and when I'm logging in, I have an error message "contact your administrator" ...

Former Community Member
You need to give the user the right to see that interface ....under Adminui in the User Manager you can assign a Rights Management End User right to the user who will use that ineterface

Former Community Member
yeah, thank you a lot again Paul ! I can call web services now.