Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer javascript performance

Former Community Member
This is a general question about javascript performance in Adobe Designer 7.

In a support document (Improving the Performance of Adobe Livecycle Designer Forms) it was mentioned that saving a ".resolveNode" result to a variable rather then repeatingly calling it improves performance (fairly obvious)

To expand on this concept, which gives better performance, directly accessing a form element (ex. xfa.form.form1.subform.textfield.rawValue="hhh")

in a script object or getting the element via resolveNode (ie xfa.form.resolveNode("form1.subform.textfield").rawValue="hhh"). Or is there any difference in terms or performance? If there is no difference in performance, why use resolveNode at all?
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Accessing a form object directly is always faster than using resolveNode. If you are concerned about performance you should use resolveNode as sparingly as possible. There are some other valid reasons, but majority of the time that I use resolveNode it's because there is a character in the SOM expression that prevents direct access (ie: '[' ']' '#') or when I use resolveNodes to get a list of all instances of a subform.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support