Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer 7.0 - Automation? (.Net C#)

Level 2
Is it possible to automate Designer with the .Net C# environment. What I like to to is open a (previously) created XDP and then save it as PDF in an automated way?

Thankx, Cheers Harry
6 Replies

Former Community Member
I am not aware of any other third-party componenents that allow your .NET application to merge your XDP template with data at this moment. Adobe LiveCycle Form Server is the missing link that you are looking for. To learn more about Adobe LiveCycle Forms, click on the following link http://www.adobe.com/products/server/formserver/main.html .

Former Community Member
I took the question to mean something entirely different. I thought Harry was looking for a way to write a program which would start Designer, tell it to open an XDP file and then do a "File->Save As" operation to save the file as a PDF.

I want to do something similar in order to convert a bunch of older FormFlow forms to XDP/PDF files. I do not yet know of a way.

Level 2
Thankx Brian for clearing this up for me. This is what I try to achieve! (Write a program which starts the Designer, open a XDP file and save it as a PDF file, close the Designer). I guess jimmypham did get it right, but has no solution to this beside the one with the Adobe Server Product (Form Server)...

Former Community Member
FYI..

We are able to convert from Jetform IFD to PDF using Adobe Designer 7.0 thro manually(Open àSave As PDF).The only problem is that I need to do this automatically, without manually opening Adobe Designer 7.0.

We are able to convert Jetform IFD to XDP using ConvertIFD.exe thro Command line parameter (ConvertIFD.exe in=C:\Sample.ifd" out="C:\Sample.XDP"). Is there a way I can programmatically generate PDF from XDP.

How to starts the Designer, open a XDP file and save it as a PDF file, close the Designer thro Programamtic way.. Could u pls share the code or idea....

Level 6
Hello,

I need that too. However, despite automation need, there is the problem of the dialogboxes during the transformation process (fonts, for instance). So I don´t think there is a way to achive this... despite oen it manually...

Regards

Former Community Member
My company, Viga Technologies, has recently developed an object which converts XDPs to PDFs automatically. It can be deployed as a server side object to be incorporated into existing applications or it can be run as a service by us on a per-form basis. The engine consumes XDPs and also allows the user to pass an XML data file to populate the form. It is windows based and developed under the .net framework. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Adam Wachtel

Viga Technologies (http://www.vigatech.com)

awachtel@vigatech.com

(678)371-4401