Expand my Community achievements bar.

Delete tabs

Former Community Member
I was able to set my tab order by using the View > tab order -- but I have way to many tabs that I don't want my customers to be able to change the fields. How do I get rid of the unwanted tabs? My form will only need 13 tabs but I have 54 various text fields that they can tab to.

I am brand new at creating pdf forms - so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0

Cindy
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Not sure if you can delete tabs but how about making the fields you don want to be changed into Read only or Protected?

Former Community Member
Thanks for the reply -- I am searching for the field that would allow me to mark as Read Only or Protected -- but having trouble locating that - can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Cindy

Former Community Member
HIghlight the field you want to protect. In the Object Palette choose the Value tab. Under the Type dropdown choose "Protected"

Former Community Member
In the Object Palette - I only have the Draw available that will allow me to chose the Type (text, numberic, check box and so on) or the Presence: visible, invisible or hidden.

The other Layout, Boarder and Accessibility tabs do not give me that option either.

Do I need to change something in the setup to have additional tabs under the Object Palette show?

I will be more than happy to send you a screen shot.

Cindy

Former Community Member
No they will appear if you are working with an TextInput field ( a field th euser can interact with). It sounds like you are using a Text Object (simply Text on the screen). These types of objects do not have tabs unless you are using accessibility. The tabs appear for the screen readers to be able to read the text. If no screen reader is present then these tabs are ignored.

Former Community Member
I think I figured it out - I wasn't selecting the right part of my field.

Last question -- I do have an image field that when I tab thru my form - tabing still hit the image when I tab -- But in the Oject Palette - I only have the Field and the Binding tabs to play with. Is there anything I can do to NOT have the image touched when tabbing?

Former Community Member
You are probably using an imageField and not an image object. The imageField when clicked will allow the user to select an image from teh local file system. The image object has no interactive properties hence it is not a tab stop.

Former Community Member
Thank you so much Paul -- I finally got it! Removed the ImageField and inserted the logo via an Image type with Scale Image to fit - then was able to set my tab order, make document read only -- and whamo -- tabs are in the right order.

Thank you for all your help!

Cindy