Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Date field selection arrow

Level 4
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make the little down arrow next to a date selection field visible all of the time?

It shows up when you put the focus into the date field, but I want it to be obivous to my users before they get into the field that the arrow exists and for them to click it.

Many thanks,

Tom
11 Replies

Former Community Member
Nope ...it will only appear when focus is on the field. This is the nature of the control.

Level 4
Well bah humbug!

:)

Thanks for the answer Paul, you're a font of knowledge.

Regards,

Tom

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I have a similar issue. The down arrow always appear only when the field is in focus. I want my users to select a date by clicking the down arrow and then selecting from the calendar.

I don't want them to type in the date. Is it possible to do so?

thanks,

Satinder

Former Community Member
Unfortunately that is the way it works ....the down arrow will/can only appear when the field has focus.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul!

Is it possible to prevent the user from typing in the date and let them select a date from the calendar only by clicking on the down arrow?

Level 3
I would also like to know if it is possible to prevent the user from typing into the date field and only allow them to select a date using the date picker object ???

Level 4
"Paul Guerette - 10:25am Jan 9, 09 PST (#7 of 8)

Not that I am aware of "

Paul has already answered this.

Level 4
Mmm, can be annoying when you open a discussion and it only shows you a few replies! :P