Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customizing Drop Downs, Selection Widths larger than drop down box.

Level 2
I have a drop down menu that needs to be a certain width and, in the end, needs to contain a 5 digit value. But, that value is bound to a description, and I want the users to be able to select based on description.

It's a data drop down, so it has the premade Javascript already and it has display and value bindings to an SQL database, so most of it is set up already, I just need two things:

How can the selection list that appears be larger than the actual drop down box, so that it accomodates the descriptions instead of the numeric values?

Can I cause the box to fill with the "value" instead of the "display text" after the description selection has been made?
1 Reply

Former Community Member
The width of the DD is set at design time. Not sure if you can change the width after the form has been rendered. If you can it will be complicated to cycle through each item in the list to get the right length.

You can have the DropDown display description but submit or report the numeric values. Once that is set it cannot be changed. You can get either value back programatically but once it is set you cannte change it dynamically.