Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Current date/time

Level 4
Hi all,

Trying to make it so that a field will automatically store the current date and time when a form is opened.

I can get the automatic one working in livecycle designer and acrobat, but not when I open it in reader.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

Cheers,

Tom
6 Replies

Level 4
Oh, and my form will be being opened in reader, after it has had a data import done in acrobat. So will need to be changed every time the form is opened, instead of just the first time.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Community Member
Make your date field not bound (so that it is not stored in the data file) and you should be able to achieve what you want.

Level 4
Its not calculating it at all in Reader 7. Will test Reader 8 in 2 mins.

Tom

Level 4
Well, works fine in 8.

So its either:

How Reader 7 is setup here (On Citrix, so is Reader 8 but 8 isn't business wide yet so is likely installed differently) or Reader 7 can't do it.

Thanks Paul,

Tom

Level 2
Check in LCD (LiveCycle Designer) under file -> Form Properties -> Defaults Tab -> Target Version

Level 4
Ah, good point. Not bothered checking that for a while. Nothing showing up, so it must be how its hosted... again...

Cheers for the reminder Bill.