Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creation a number of pdf files based on DB rows

Former Community Member
Hi ,

I want to create a batch which will pull users data from a db.

For each user after manipulating with his data insert it into a

template form ,create pdf file and email it to him.

I would like to hear your views what is the best way to implement it,

where to store user details after pulling it from a db? Can I use the

"query for multiple rows as xml" component , if so how do I traverse

the records? and how I create pdf file after I updating my xfaForm variable(from this xml)??

thanks ,
5 Replies

Level 10
I'll try to make is easy, but here are the steps that I think you'll have to follow.

1- Get the user data from DB using "query for multiple rows as xml"

2- Use a "Set Value" and get a specific record for a user (ex. /process_data/xmlVar/Users/User[number(/process_data/@index)] and store it in a temporary xml variable (tmpXML).

3- put the tmpXML var into a "document" variable (tmpDoc) because that's what LiveCycle Forms RenderPDFForm expects for the data type.

4- Call RenderPDFForm and pass the tmpDoc var to merge with your form template.

5- Use the email service to send an email with the PDF

6- Increment your counter and loop back to get the next record in the xmlVar and start again from 2.

Jasmin

Level 9
Hi Oliver

We have a component that will invoke a sub-process for each row it finds in a SQL statement. So you don't have to worry about looping. If you'd like to try this component, send an email to info@avoka.com

Regards,

howard

Former Community Member
Hi, Jasmin.

Thank you for reply. I still have a problem with RenderPDFForm service.

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException: ContentRootURI not specified

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:178)

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:256)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:446)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:405)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderPDFForm(FormsDocService.java:109)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

It looks like a problem with my RenderPDFForm settings .

In the Form to Render field I put my xfaForm variable(/process_data/myForm), and in the Form Data I put my tmpDoc variable(/process_data/@tmpDoc).

Do you have any ideas??

thanks a lot, Oliver

Level 10
In the RenderPDFForm service, make sure the ContentRootURI is set to repository://

Jasmin