Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a form that allows multiple Digital Signatures

Former Community Member
I am trying to make a PDF form that allows multiple users to sign different portions of a single form. I have created the form and inserted the Digital signature fields. Which if I use my Acrobat 8 Professional to open I am able to sign each different signature field independantly, but if the form is opened in just Reader 8 it will not allow singing of any digital signature field at all. Seems the security settings revert to a default of not allowing the form to be signed. Anyone able to help, if I have not provided enough information please let me know as I am pretty new to LiveCycle.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You need to reader enable the form.

You can do it with the Adobe LC reader extensions ES, or with Adobe Acrobat pro, but in the latter case you need to check the license, as Adobe limits the number of times you can use the enabled form

Level 1

Did you ever get an answer to your question, because I am having that same problem now and don't know how to fix it. Please see my post. Thank you!

Former Community Member

The previous post is correct.  Reader will not allow you to sigh an form unless it has been reader extended to enable the signing functionality.  Acrobat pro or LiveCycle Reader Extensions can be used for this.

Regards

Steve