Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating A Dynamic Bilingual Form

Former Community Member
I'm a relative newbie just trying to figure out the best way to create a single form which would allow the user to change the language (English/French) on-the-fly. So based on what the user selects as their language (radio button) all of the text captions AND tool tips associated with the text fields would then be displayed in that language. Is there an efficient way to implement some sort of "resource file" or "lookup table" with the text field name as a key, and the corresponding English and French caption values, and then just load this English or French caption value depending on what language the user chose? I'm not expecting a detailed solution, just maybe a broad idea of the best way to go about doing this, to at least get me pointed in the right direction.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Technically that is certainly doable but depending on how complicated the form is (how many objects need to be updated) you can affect performance. If it takes more than a few seconds to change the text then users will complain. Also you will have layout issues where a caption in Englsih takes a certain amount of space then changing it to French usually means that more space is required. For these reasons most people end up with two different forms and load the appropriate one for the user.