Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create Livecycle Archive LCA and process global variable

Former Community Member
Hi,

Is there any quick and efficent way of create LCA for a group of process category, instead of doing it one at a time?

Is there a way to share a common global variable for all sub-process of a process? Instead of passing it as a input parameter to a sub-process.

For E.g., the log folder parameter of a variable logger service, a main process might read this from a properties file and the sub-process might need to use it. Any way to implement global variable?

Thank you.
7 Replies

Level 10
Creating a LCA for a group of processes will be part of the next release of LiveCycle (Update 1) coming in July.

"Is there a way to share a common global variable for all sub-process of a process? Instead of passing it as a input parameter to a sub-process. "

There is no global variable for all processes. What you can do is to create a process that takes care of all configuration. You can make a call to that process from all your other processes to get the configuration information.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin for your reply. But the configuration is read from a properties file. It will slow down the process if every of its sub-process called the 'configuration-process' which will in turn read from a file located at a physical drive. Is there any efficent way? like store in 'memory-mapped file'... or environment variable?

The process that I created is a long-live process and will keep on looping and perform routing, which will alway needs the config info.

Thank you.

Former Community Member
Are the properties in the file always changing, or are they static?

Former Community Member
The properties is more or less static. Thanks.

Level 10
The most efficient way I can think of is to create a custom service. That service could load the configuration from the file system when it first starts (when LC starts).

You can then implement a few operations to return the values from the config service and use them in all your processes.

It's not out of the box, but should be pretty straightforward to implement.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin,

How to activiate the service when LC start? Where can I config this?

Level 10
You'll need to create a custom component. When installed and deployed, the custom component will become a service.

When LC starts, it should start all services automatically.

You can find information on building custom service in the online documentation at

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/sdkHelp/programmer/sdkHelp/DevComponents_Title.156.1.html

Jasmin