Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create folder in FTP site

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have an FTP site that is used in conjunction with one of my processes. I would like to be able to check if a particular folder already exists in the FTP site, and if it doesn't create one. I have been able to do this within the regular file system (using the file utilities components Is Directory and Make Directory), but am having trouble setting this up in an FTP site. I have been trying to use those same components used for the file utilities, but can't seem to make it happen. Is it possible, and how should I go about doing this? Thank you ahead of time for any assistance.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
When you tried to use File Utilities component to access remote file system, does it accessible from the LiveCycle server filesystem?

Have you tried mount/map the remote directory to your server machine? That way the server you may be able to use File Utilities operations on it, such as MakeDir etc.

Kendy

Former Community Member
Kendy,

Yes I am able to perform this task in the file system without any problems (creating network folders on shared network drives). I would like to be able to do the same with an FTP server. Aside from using an FTP server (uploading and downloading), I guess I'm lacking knowledge of how the back end of an FTP server works (I haven't had much luck in my google searches on the topic either). Should their be an accompanying file system location for an FTP site, or is FTP something that is set up on its own, seperate from a file system? If there is an accompanying file system location for an FTP server, then I can use the File Utility components to search for the folder, and create it if it doesn't already exist. I have tried doing this with the FTP site URL but am unable to get the MakeDir to work in this regard. I have also tried using the Put component from the FTP utilities. Placing a txt file in a folder that doesn't exist on my FTP server in hopes that it would create the directory, but this does not work either. I can Put the file in folders that already exist on the FTP site, but cannot automatically add these folders through a workflow.

Former Community Member
ok,let me try this and get back to you

thanks

girish

Former Community Member
Hi

Sorry I do'nt think this is possible

thanks

girish

Former Community Member
FOLLOW-UP

I was able to get this to work through some custom coding. I used a custom component that allowed me to invoke an executable file on my LiveCycle server, and used it to call a batch file that would create the folder in the FTP site.