Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create combinable pdf form

Former Community Member
Hi,

I creating pdf form and I want to combine it with some jpg file.

But when I want to combine files in acrobat, there is error in form: "Adobe XML forms cannot be merged."

Can somebody help me?

Thanks for respond
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

When you save your form, you can choose static pdf, or dynamic pdf, and if you save as xml form, you seem to get this error. Try saving as not xml form. However, if you are using scripts, you must save as dynamic form.

Former Community Member
Thanks Daniel,

but I can´t find where set non xml form. Can you say me, where can I set it? I´ve designer 8.2.1

thanks

Former Community Member
When you click on save as, you can select the appropriate format, like Static PDF form, or dynamic xml form.

Former Community Member
If I save form as static, it is imposible to combinate with some document. And if I save form as dynamic, it is imposible too

Former Community Member
The only way you can combine it is through Assembler and the form must be the 1st document in the set. You cannot combine multiple forms. Conversely you can flatten the form (on the server - takes the fields out of the form - removes the interactivity from it). Then you can combine it in whatever way you want.

Former Community Member
It is from some workflow process in workbench?

Former Community Member
Then you have access to the Assembler operation (it is under the Foundation category). It uses a DDX file to tell it what to do. Combining docs are very straight forward and are well documented.

Former Community Member
Ok, but I don´t want to do it in proces. I want do it myself. I open pdf doc. and insert to new page some image. There is no proces. I want to do it in acrobat, not in workbench.

Is it realy necessary do it in workbench?

Former Community Member
Acrobat will not allow it .... because it is a form!