Expand my Community achievements bar.

Convert Interactive PDF to Interactive HTML

Former Community Member
Hi!

I've bought Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional some months ago and just started to use Adobe Livecycle Designer 8 and I've managed to create an interactive pdf form with fillable fields.

Now on to my question.

The problem is that I haven't been able to find in the help section or on this forum how to convert this interactive pdf to HTML either through Livecycle or Acrobat 8. How could I do this and still have interactive fields intact and fillable in the html format?

Please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify my question if it's not clear in any way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Jonas Emanuel
4 Replies

Level 5
LC designer can produce PDF or XDP. PDFs can be static or interactive templates and can be viewed or used with help of Adobe Acrobat/Reader. XDP Templates are capable of render as PDF or HTML however need to run through other LiveCycle server based products like LC Formserver or Workflow to be able to render. Hope this gave you clue.

Former Community Member
Hi SekharN!

It certainly gave me a clue, thanks very much for your quick reply.

So if I have it as an interactive PDF, I would then have to convert it to a XDP template. And then I could with either LC Formserver or Workflow convert that XDP template to interactive HTML.

I only need to make about 1-5 interactive PDF to interactive HTML and I suppose Formserver or Workflow are quite expensive. But which is more cost competetive of them and what would the cost be?

Thanks once again!

Sincerely,

Jonas Emanuel

Level 5
As I mentioned those are server based products and expensive. I have no idea how much they cost as there is a new version out since we implemented in our environment. Also they are mostly based on number of user licenses. As you intent to use only for few forms going in that direction may be very expensive. You may contact Adobe. Better you stick to what you have now and use just the PDFs.

Again LC Designer will allow you save any template as PDF and/or XDP. Developers choose one or the other based on the requirements and most use.

Good luck,

Sekhar.

Former Community Member
Hi Sekhar,

Thanks again for your swift answer.

Wouldn't it require to lift user restrictions through Adobe Acrobat 8 in order for other persons being able to save as a template? Which would only be allowed for a specific number of people or I would have to buy the Enterprise suite from Adobe?

I might also have misunderstood, did you refer to this when you said LC Designer will allow you to save any template as PDF and/or XDP?

Thanks once again for your help.

Best regards,

Jonas