Expand my Community achievements bar.

Constantly getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when submitting the form.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to Form Server, but maybe someone has some insight.

I set up JBoss 3.2.5 with Java 1.4.2.11 on a seperate machine to do a remote connection to my LiveCycle environment.

I am using the SOAPClient sample from the developer guide to save my form. I am able to save the submitted form for just fine, but I can only do so once and the second time I always get am error: "javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception" root cause: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Even with just the code from the guide, I get this error. Does anyone have any insight into fixing this? I really don't know what to fix in the code since I used the sample from the guide and they close the objects if that was an issue. If it matters, the pdf file I am submitting to be saved is about 800KB and then the saved file size is about 1400KB

I already tried setting within the run.conf file the following: JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms1028m -Xmx1028m" but I still get the same out of Memory error. The only error within the server.log file is the following:

2007-01-10 15:46:19,125 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine] StandardWrapperValve[SubmitPart1]: Servlet.service() for servlet SubmitPart1 threw exception

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Thanks,

Jennifer
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Probably the following helps you to get rid of your problem.

JAVA_OPTS=-XX:+AggressiveHeap -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

Give a hit and let me know.

sai

Former Community Member
Thanks Sai,

I'll give it a try and see what happens! Thanks for posting.

-Jennifer

Former Community Member
Hi Jennifer,

If the problem is not yet resolved here is my suggestion.

With my interaction with Adobe I came to know that SOAP has a limitation of handling a max of 10 MB and in real-time you may stitch the forms more than 10MB.

Use the EJBClient instead of SOAPClient.

You may set this is in FormServerDefinition class.

Thanks,

Vijay