Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

connection to LDAP server

Former Community Member
Hello there,

currently we are evaluating Adobe Livecycle policy server. When trying to connect from Acrobat Pro, an internal user cannot login (an external user can log in). Therefore we suspect difficulties with the connection to the LDAP server: we configured the necessary settings in login-config.xml and added JASS authentification "UsernamePwd_Auth_Search".

Is it necessary to also specify an LDAP server in the Adobe Config web interface? If so, what data do I put there?

In this dialog, the searchfilter has no possibility to enter prefix and suffix, like in login-config.xml.

Thanks for any help,

Rainer
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Rainer_Kleinrensing@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Hello there,

>

> currently we are evaluating Adobe Livecycle policy server. When trying to connect from Acrobat Pro, an internal user cannot login (an external user can log in). Therefore we suspect difficulties with the connection to the LDAP server: we configured the necessary settings in login-config.xml and added JASS authentification "UsernamePwd_Auth_Search".

>

> Is it necessary to also specify an LDAP server in the Adobe Config web interface? If so, what data do I put there?

> In this dialog, the searchfilter has no possibility to enter prefix and suffix, like in login-config.xml.

>

> Thanks for any help,

> Rainer

Rainer,

You definately need to specify an LDAP server. It will use the LDAP connection to create the

users and groups in Policy Server. If you haven't done this, then you essentially don't have any

internal users. The settings will depend upon the LDAP system that you are connecting to. I would

recommend consulting your LDAP administrator to determine the appropriate values to set in the

dialog (within the web interface).

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
Hallo Justin,

thanks a lot for your answer. However, I fear that I myself am the LDAP administrator ...

My problem is the search filter: It should look like (&(objectClass=*)(uid=USERNAME)) where USERNAME is the string to search for. How do I put that into the Web GUI ?

Do you have an example config that you could send to me (both login-config.xml and a dump of the webgui) ?

Thank you,

R. Kleinrensing

Former Community Member

> Hallo Justin,

>

> thanks a lot for your answer. However, I fear that I myself am the LDAP administrator ...

>

> My problem is the search filter: It should look like (&(objectClass=*)(uid=USERNAME)) where USERNAME is the string to search for. How do I put that into the Web GUI ?

>

> Do you have an example config that you could send to me (both login-config.xml and a dump of the webgui) ?

>

> Thank you,

> R. Kleinrensing

What type of LDAP system are you using?

Justin

Former Community Member

> Hallo Justin,

>

> we use openldap

>

> Best,

> Rainer

Rainer,

Send me your email address at jklei [AT] cardinalsolutions [DOT] com, and I'll send you some

example configurations.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com