Expand my Community achievements bar.

connect livecycle form to sql table

Former Community Member

screenshot.jpg

Please pardon me if this is the wrong place to post this question.  I am new to creating data connections to backend servers and really need some help here.

I have a sql server table which I have full rights too.  I have created a system dsn called DataConnection back to the database.  That works fine.  I created a form in Livecycle Designer ES2 and successfully made a data connection in LiveCycle called 'DataConnection' back to the table called 'Facts'.  I'm able to generate the table fields on the form with no issue and I can see the first record populated when i do pdf preview.

Question 1 - Why is it if I dont have 'delayed open' checked on the connection properties I receive a message box 'connection for Source DataConnection failed because the environment is not trusted'?

Question 2 - For this test form, all I want to do is navigate and view the records  (ie go to next, go to previous).  I followed the sample from this page: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/09/18/connecting-a-form-to-a-database/ ; and created my navigation buttons for previous and next.  However, when click the buttons I receive the error that the operation failed because there was no connection specified.  screenshot is attached.  Can I someone tell me what I am missing here?

Ultimately what I want is a form that will be available from a web server that people can navigate data through.  The data will be on a  sql table.   There is no need to update, add or delete records.  They will just view directly from this form .  Am I going in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

1 Reply

Level 3

This is a LiveCycle Forms question rather than a LiveCycle Data Services question. Please repost your question in the LiveCycle Forms forum.