Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Configuring CIFS

Former Community Member
I'm looking for hints concerning this logfile-entries (after configuring CIFS according to documentation, hopefully :-)):<br /><br />2008-07-31 15:05:08,701 WARN [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] CIFS server native calls disabled, JNI code will not be used<br />2008-07-31 15:05:08,748 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] Failed to get local domain/workgroup name, using default of WORKGROUP<br />2008-07-31 15:05:08,748 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] (This may be due to firewall settings or incorrect <broadcast> setting)<br />20<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Martin
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Consulting alfresco forums and documentation tells me, I should set the domain name in file-servers-custom.xml. But where can I find this file in Adobe LiveCycle 8.2-installation?

Regards, Martin

Former Community Member
Hi Martin,

If you want to specify the domain then you can specify the JVM argument -Dcifs.domain=domainname while starting app server.

Regards

Akhil

Former Community Member
Hi Martin,<br /><br />Regarding the logs - <br /><br />2008-07-31 15:05:08,701 WARN [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] CIFS server native calls disabled, JNI code will not be used<br />-> This is more of an information, but alfresco logs it as a WARN. It comes up because LC ContentServices ES uses pure Java implementation of CIFS for Windows instead of native calls (DLL based).<br /><br />2008-07-31 15:05:08,748 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] Failed to get local domain/workgroup name, using default of WORKGROUP<br />(This may be due to firewall settings or incorrect <broadcast> setting)<br />-> LC ContentServices ES uses a customized Passthru authenticator which works with LC Enterprise Domains and you need not set the domain name in file-servers.xml. <br />This message is for the domain name of LC server which, as Akhil pointed out, can be provided via JVM argument to avoid the message.<br />This again is a harmless information and should not affect the functioning of CIFS or LC ContentServices ES.<br /><br />In short, these logs are innocuous and do not indicate any incorrect / inappropriate configuration.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Kapil