Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Configuring CIFS for Content Services ES

Former Community Member
I'm a bit puzzled by the documentation. Hopefully someone can help. Installation is Win2003, JBoss Turnkey.

--- documentation ----

"Note: The IP address configured must be a new static IP address, separate from the IP address already

assigned to this machine, that is not allocated to any other computer in the network."

---- documentation ---

Do I understand correctly:

After configuring "use netbios over TCP/IP as described

I add a new unused ip-address to the server and refer to it in JVM-Options (as described in the documentation later on).

--- documentation ----

"11. Add one or more directory providers, using ActiveDirectory as the directory server. For the Server IP

address, use the IP address of the domain controller computer."

--- documentation ---

Sorry, but I do not know what to add?

Regards Martin
8 Replies

Former Community Member
You need to add the IP address of the Active Directory server that is the main domain conroller.

Former Community Member
Phrase Express does not work when Victors (our current project) is opened up with a Firefox Browser.

Phrase Express is a tool that will allow a pre-typed clause to be populated onto the title (or tax) typing form. When Victors is opened in IE, the tool works perfectly. If Victors is opened in Firefox (either 2.0 or 3.0), the typing form loses focus when Phrase Express is accessed, and so the clause does not know where to go. If you use a hot key from Phrase Express (such as Ctrl-Shift-O for the degree symbol), Phrase Express does not lose focus, and can be used.

We also loaded at different websites and saw that Phrase Express will lose focus in them when using a Firefox browser as well.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,<br /><br />shame on me, but I don't understand your answer.<br /><br />To make it clear, I copy the documentation and assign the steps I did.<br />I marked my actions --- STEP 1 --- and so on.<br />(please forgive the long post):<br /><br />1. On your Windows server, click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area<br />Connection.<br />2. On the Local Area Connection Status window, click Properties, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from<br />the list of available connections, and then click Properties.<br />3. On the General tab, select Use the following IP address and do the following:<br />&#9679; Under Use the following IP address panel, specify a static IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway<br /><br />------ STEP 1 -----<br />Just checked the static ip-address etc., as already set<br />------ STEP 1 -----<br /><br />&#9679; Under Use the following DNS server addresses panel, specify a preferred DNS server and an<br />alternate DNS server.<br /><br />--- STEP 2 -----<br />Just checked as already set<br />--- STEP 2 -----<br /><br />4. Click Advanced and do the following:<br />&#9679; On the WINS tab, select the Enable LMHOSTS lookup (if not already selected) and Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP options.<br /><br />---- STEP 3 ----<br />LMHOSTS already set<br />SET Enable Netbios over TCP/IP<br />--- STEP 3 ----<br /><br />On the IP Settings tab, click Add and in the TCP/IP Address window, specify a static IP address and subnet mask for the network server hosting the shared directory, and then click OK.<br />Note: The IP address configured must be a new static IP address, separate from the IP address already assigned to this machine, that is not allocated to any other computer in the network.<br /><br />--- STEP 4 ----<br />Add the additional unused ip-address:<br />158.234.181.106 = ip-address of server<br />158.234.181.108 = new unused ip-address<br />--- STEP 4 ----<br /><br />&#9679; Close all the windows opened in steps 1 to 4.<br /><br />5. On your Windows server, click Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.<br />6. Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > NetBT > Parameters.<br />7. Modify or add the registry entry for SMB devices by doing one of the following:<br />&#9679; (Modify) Right click SMBDeviceEnabled and select Modify, then change the REG_DWORD value to 0 and click OK.<br />&#9679; (Add) Right click on the Parameters folder and select New > DWORD value and add a new<br />REG_DWORD entry named SMBDeviceEnabled with value 0.<br /><br />--- STEP 5 ---<br />SMBDeviceEnbabled = 0<br />--- STEP 5 ---<br /><br />8. (JBoss turnkey installation) Add the Java options in the registry where the other JVM arguments are defined by doing the following:<br />&#9679; Click Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.<br />&#9679; Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > [appserver] for LiveCycle ES > Parameters, then right click Parameters and select New > String Value.<br />&#9679; Type the name JVM Option Number <next available> and the value -Dcifs.enabled=true,<br />then click OK.<br /><br />--- STEP 6 ---<br />JVM Option Number 16 = -Dcifs.enabled=true<br />--- STEP 6 ---<br /><br />&#9679; Create a second JVM Option Number <next available> with the value<br />-Dcifs.bindto=<alternate IP address>, then click OK.<br /><br />--- STEP 7 ---<br />JVM Option Number 17 = -Dcifs.bindto=158.234.181.108<br />--- STEP 7 ---<br /><br />&#9679; Right click the JVM Option Count DWORD and select Modify. In the Edit DWORD Value box, select Base as decimal and increment the value data integer by 2, then click OK.<br /><br />--- STEP 8 ---<br />JVM Option Count = 19 (Decimal)<br />--- STEP 8 ---<br /><br />10. Restart the application server.<br /><br />--- STEP 9 ---<br />Restart JBOSS for Adobe LiveCycle ES<br />--- STEP 9 ---<br /><br />11. Add one or more directory providers, using ActiveDirectory as the directory server. For the Server IP address, use the IP address of the domain controller computer.<br /><br />--- STEP 10 ---<br />??? sorry, dont know where and what to add ???<br />--- STEP 10 ---<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Martin

Former Community Member
Hi Martin,

I shall break the Step 11 into following:

LC administrator needs to

1- Create an enterprise domain in LiveCycle. (Click on New Enterprise Domain at Adminui>Settings>User Management>Domain Management)

2- Add one or more directory providers with ActiveDirectory as the directory server. Add the domain controller 'Machine name' or 'IP address' in "Adminui>Settings>User Management>Domain Management>New Enterprise Domain>Add Directory>Directory Server Details>Server"

3-Add LDAP authentication provider.

4-Sync the users in LiveCycle.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Soni

Former Community Member
Phrase Express does not work when Adobe Live cycle designer is opened up with a Firefox Browser.

Former Community Member
still no success in using CIFS -> cannot find file or folder<br /><br />server ip = 158.234.181.111, servername = adobeserver<br />nbtstat -n displays adobeservera<br /><br />Excerpt from jboss.log:<br />cifs.bindto..................................: 158.234.181.112<br />cifs.enabled.................................: true<br /><br />-----<br /><br />2008-07-29 11:11:35,276 WARN [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] CIFS server native calls disabled, JNI code will not be used<br />2008-07-29 11:11:35,292 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] Failed to get local domain/workgroup name, using default of WORKGROUP<br />2008-07-29 11:11:35,292 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] (This may be due to firewall settings or incorrect <broadcast> setting)<br /><br />----<br /><br />INFO: ALC-CSV-001-000-Content Services started<br />2008-07-29 11:11:35,401 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] Server error : <br />java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)<br /> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java359)<br /> at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)<br /> at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)<br /> at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.SessionSocketHandler.initialize(SessionSocketHandler.java:255)<br /> at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.TcpipSMBSessionSocketHandler.createSessionHandlers(TcpipSMBSessionSocketHandler.java:165)<br /> at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.SMBServer.run(SMBServer.java:505)<br /> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Former Community Member
Hi Martin,

Do you get IP address as "158.234.181.112" when u ping "adobeservera" ?

What error are you getting while trying to access \\adobeservera ?

Regards

Akhil

Former Community Member
Hi Akhil,<br /><br />many thanks für your reply.<br /><br />In the meantime, I could solve the problem.<br />I had to change file-servers.properties in ..\contentservices.war\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco:<br />- cifs.enabled=true<br />- cifs.domain=<my_domain><br />- cifs.broadcast=158.234.181.255<br />- cifs.bindto=158.234.181.112<br /><br />Regards<br />Martin