Expand my Community achievements bar.

Concatenate field data and having it appear in other text fields

Former Community Member
I've developed an intake form and would like to have the three name fields (first, mid initial, last) appear in the header of the additional pages of the form. I have set global binding and have duplicated a single field without any problem but I would like to have the "LAST, FIRST MI" type of field data show up on each page. Tried to concat on exit of the "last name" field and put it to the .rawvalue of the 2nd page text field but I'm coming up blank.

Any help is appreciated.
2 Replies

Level 5
I would you following scenario...

var FName

var MName

var LName

FName = form1.subformname.FirstName.rawValue

MName = form1.subformname.MidName.rawValue

LName = form1.subformname.LastName.rawValue

form1.subformname.FullName.rawValue = Concat(LName, ", ", FName, " ", MName)

I will use this FormCalc code in 'exit' event of each of the name fields.

In your case make sure the syntax and check for typos.

Good luck,

SekharN,

www.lawson.com

Former Community Member
SekharN

Thanks for the information. I am working in JS and had to come up with a few modification of your code but I did get it working, though crudely of course, with: (This is on "exit" of the last name.)

NameFull.rawValue= NameLast.rawValue + ", " + NameFirst.rawValue + " " + NameMid.rawValue

and the global binding took care of the other pages.

One thing that I could not get away from was, I had to create a text field on the page 1 that held the concatenated version before I could use it on any other page.

If there is another approach that I can go directly to page 2 with the concatenated text and then do the global bind for the rest of the pages, it will come in handy since I'm already starting to see this file grow exponentially.

Don't know if the five page form will be practical.

Thanks again,

jontro