Expand my Community achievements bar.

Components View Crashes

Former Community Member
Hi

When I try and open the Components view in Workbench I get the following error:

"An error occurred. Please check the Eclipse error log for details."

What is the Eclipse log? Is this server.log? (there are no details of the error in there).

Any help much appreciated.
3 Replies

Level 10
The Workbench log should be located in the following path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\Workbench\workspace\.metadata

JAsmin

Former Community Member
Thanks

I had a look in the Eclipse log, but couldnt see anything intelligable in there.

It looks like something is going wrong when Workbench creates new form versions, in particular if I am saving new versions in (relatively) quick succession. These are the errors I am getting:

1) (Workbench)

Unable to process Changed notification for 'Forms/Sickness.xdp'. The cause of the error is:

com.adobe.repository.bindings.dsc.client.ResourceRepositoryClientException:

AlC-REP-021-000: Unable to increment minor version because version [1.428] already exists.

Check the Eclipse log for more details.

2) (Workbench)

The connection to the server has been interrupted. Your unsaved modifications will be lost unless the connection is restored.

Check the Eclipse Log for details.

3) (Workspace ES)

Error alc-wks-007-040 when opening the form.

In most cases (even when the save is working), the form is marked as not saved in Workbench (i.e. the name of the form is displayed as (*Sickness.xdp) in the tab header.

Regards

Geoff Olding

Former Community Member
Hello there

The underlying error seems to be an OutOfMemoryError Java Heap Space exception (in the server log).

I have to admit to running both server and client components on the same laptop with 2Gb of memory. However, I am not convinced this is simply a lack of memory problem per se, as the laptop is dedicated to Livecycle, the application is relatively small, and I have come across references to other people getting the same error with a much larger amount of memory.

I have followed the recommendations at http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?7@@.59b5ffd4/0 and http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/install_jboss.pdf (as far as I can), to change various settings, however I am still getting errors.

I can alleviate the problem by not saving the form too frequently (perhaps once every half an hour or so), however this doesnt get rid of the problem completely.

Any suggestions much appreciated.