Expand my Community achievements bar.

Combining Individual Forms into One

Former Community Member
Hey guys-

I have a number of scanned in pages that I want to turn into a fillable form 'template'. I am using Acrobat Pro 8.

First- I scanned in the page(s). Then I created a form using LiveCycle Designer. I saved the individual form as separate files (for editing later, etc). So at this point, I have 8 different individual 'forms' setup. I now want to assemble those individual forms into various combinations, and save them as different files. For example, contract-1 may have 3 different forms. Contract-2 may have 5 different forms all within one file.

Normally I would drag/drop a PDF into another one and it inserts it just fine. It won't let me do it with these forms. So I have to us the 'Combine Files' command. I do that, but it then won't let me combine them into a single PDF file. There's some error about XML commands or something. So then I have to create a 'package' instead.

The package file treats each 'page' as individual forms/files. So I cannot tab from the last field on page 1, to the first field in page 2. I have to go up, click on the 2nd page in the navigation bar, then click in the field and tab through that page. One page at a time. It's very annoying.

What I want is to be able to take these individual forms that I created, combine them in various combinations, and save them as a single (new) file. This way, I can tab straight through them all with no problems.

How do I do this?

Thanks a ton!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I am in the same boat. How do i combine 2 pdf files that were created with Adobe Designer