Expand my Community achievements bar.

combining e-mail submit function w document signature

Former Community Member
Is there a way to automatically send an e-mail from a document signature button? In essence I'm trying to combine the functions of the e-mail submit button and the document signature button; essentially just having one button on the form doing two functions.

I attempted to modify the XML however was unsuccessful.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

jc
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Nope ..you cannot automate the signing of the doc. It will have to be 2 distinct events.....for now.

Former Community Member
To Combine Signature & other events after that:

1) On your signature field, apply a PostSign Event to it.

2) From there you can call your hidden email button or write jscript to email or do what you need, "post-ceding" the signature event

Thats what i would try.

Former Community Member
Luigi's technique is OK ...but note that if the user cancels the signing dialog that the post signature event will still fire.

Former Community Member
Paul, could one do the following in simple terms in the event itself?

if (isSignatureFieldFilledIn == true)

{

// send email

}

else

{

// do nothing

}

Former Community Member
Locically Yes ...but how will you tell if the Signature field is full. It is not a real field so you cannot check for a rawValue or somerthing like that.

Level 1

I would like to know if this has ever been solved.  I would like to do  something very similar to what joycan wants to do. Is there still no way  to check for a value in the signature field? Is there an easier way to accomplish this now?