Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Combine forms into one

Level 2
I would like to combine 4 forms into one (exactly my boss want to do this;) )

All 4 have data connection to XML Schema.

I tried to do this but I cannot create "combo box" to select an option.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
You cannot combine interactive forms together. If you flatten them (take away the interactive nature so that they are not fillable) then you can combine them. You would the Assembler service of LiveCycle to do this (both the flattening and the assembling).

Level 2
I cannot copy-paste and modify schema?

Former Community Member
I thought you were doing this after the forms are rendered. If this is a design time experience then copy and paste should work fine. Note that you will only be able to have one schema so you will have to combine all schemas together.

Former Community Member
Hello,

how to use Assembler for flattening forms? As I understood the documents should be flatten before assembling and this will be not done by the assemler itself?

Former Community Member
You can add a NoXFA tag in the DDX file that assembles the documents together. This will remove all of the interactive abilities of the form and allwo you to combine them.

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

sounds good to me because I don't want any interactivities after flattening. Where to set this tag?
E.q.,
ddx = ddx + " "

Can it be used below version 8.2?

Regards, Leo

Former Community Member
Yes ..I believe it was introduced in version 8.1. You can use a test application that ships with the product that will allow you to test your DDX file. If you look under the adobe/configurationManager/deply folder there is a file called adobe-assembler-ivs.ear. Drop this into your app server deploy folder then you can access the sample bu going to this URL:

http://localhost:8080/adobe/livecycle/samples/assembler

You can build and test your DDx files on the fly from here.