Expand my Community achievements bar.

com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException

Former Community Member
Hi All

I am getting the following exception when i start my WAS appserver (with all the applications installed on it). Now i have a setup a cluster and i have one working member but this other member is not working and throws this error.

What i did was to initialize the DB and deploy the ES components using the working server and then joined the server to the cluster and deployed the apps to the cluster as per the doco. Can you please let me know if its ok to do this? If not am i supposed to start a cluster config with an empty DB? Or is this cos the ES components were deployed to the failing server? If so is there a way to deploy the components with out using the Config manager cos that fails for me as well....

Any help will be great. Thanks heapz!!

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.impl.ComponentRegistryImpl$11.doInTransaction(ComponentRegistryImpl.java:765)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionBMTAdapter_3af08fdf.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:145)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.DefaultTransactionTemplate.execute(DefaultTransactionTemplate.java:79)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.impl.ComponentRegistryImpl.load(ComponentRegistryImpl.java:757)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSContainer.initializeComponents(DSContainer.java:245)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSContainer.initialize(DSContainer.java:155)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.impl.DSCManagerImpl.start(DSCManagerImpl.java:80)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet$1.doInTransaction(DSCStartupServlet.java:128)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionBMTAdapter_3af08fdf.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:133)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.DefaultTransactionTemplate.execute(DefaultTransactionTemplate.java:79)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.startup.DSCStartupServlet.init(DSCStartupServlet.java:121)

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:192)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:319)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper.java:1221)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper.java:152)

at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.extension.WebExtensionProcessor.createServletWrapper(WebExtensionProcessor.java:99)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.getServletWrapper(WebApp.java:828)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeTargetMappings(WebApp.java:483)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.commonInitializationFinish(WebApp.java:320)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initialize(WebApp.java:290)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.addWebApplication(WebGroup.java:90)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.VirtualHost.addWebApplication(VirtualHost.java:157)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApp(WebContainer.java:665)

at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:618)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:335)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.java:551)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1303)

at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1138)
8 Replies

Level 4
The LiveCycle ear file contains information about the location of LiveCycle's temporary folder, the Global Document Storage folder, the LiveCycle fonts folder, the customer fonts folder etc which are probably invalid for the second server especially if it is running on a different physical node.

Before introducing LiveCycle into the mix, it is better to have the cluster and its nodes working.

Also, there needs to be another cluster for hosting the WebSphere messaging engine.

Former Community Member
Thnaks for that Jayan. I thought the second cluster for the messaging was optional and hence i added it to the same cluster.Will give this a try.

Level 4
It is indeed optional in a DEV environment.

Former Community Member
Cool thanks...I am working in a dev environment and have configured the global storage on a shared drive and the customer fonts folder is valid as well...

Former Community Member
Jayan

Tried what you said but now i get this error:

[9/05/08 14:48:07:250 EST] 00000052 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unexpected (non-declared) exception during invocation of method "hasPermission" on bean "BeanId(LiveCycle8#um.jar#DirectoryServicesManagerBean, null)". Exception data: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemExceptionorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:16412 errorCodeHEX:0x401c message:Null principal Oid List or null resourceID or null permissionOid has been passed..

at com.adobe.idp.common.util.IDPUtil.raiseIDPSystemException(IDPUtil.java:147)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean.hasPermission(DirectoryServicesManagerBean.java:7914)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.EJSLocalStatelessDirectoryServicesManagerBean_0dbf3d20.hasPermission(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthorizationManagerImpl.hasPermission(AuthorizationManagerImpl.java:1126)

at com.adobe.idp.um.api.UMAuthorizationUtil.checkForUMPermissions(UMAuthorizationUtil.java:101)

at com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthenticationManagerImpl.getAuthResultOnBehalfOfUser(AuthenticationManagerImpl.java:291)

at com.adobe.idp.um.dscservice.AuthenticationManagerServiceImpl.getAuthResultOnBehalfOfUser(AuthenticationManagerServiceImpl.java:77)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:145)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:80)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.AuthenticationManagerServiceClient.getAuthResultOnBehalfOfUser(AuthenticationManagerServiceClient.java:149)

at com.adobe.workspace.AssemblerUtility.getAdministratorContext(AssemblerUtility.java:544)

And this is only on one of the cluster members

Level 4
Is WebSphere 'Administrative Security' and "Application Security' turned on?

Have you forced a full re-synchronization of all of the WebSphere nodes?

Former Community Member
i have turned on admin security but not the application security and yea i have sync'd the nodes manually as well..

Former Community Member
I had to recreate the Bus. I think it had a wrong refernce or something. Also noted that if i started the cluster i got this error wheni access the workspace URL. However it works fine when i start one server at a time. Not sure if this is the resolution.

[13/05/08 15:53:28:062 EST] 0000003a ServletWrappe E SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: check-login. Exception thrown : flex.messaging.MessageException: ALC-WKS-005-064: Single-sign-on failed.