Expand my Community achievements bar.

coercion error: com.adobe.idp.Document to type: interface org.w3c.dom.Document

Level 5
Greetings All:<br />I hope you can help me overcome an issue I am having receiving XML file attachments in an e-Mail endpoint. The process should place each attachment in a folder as an XML file on the server.<br /><br />Just a note, this process was working fine - and as some content has been added to the XML file it broke the process.<br />An e-Mail is received with a file attachment.<br />The Attachment_Map is read, and the entry is selected.<br />The entry is mapped to a process variable of type XML.<br /><br />The process fails with this:<br />Caused by: ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: <document state="passive" senderVersion="3" persistent="false" senderPersistent="true" passivated="true" senderPassivated="true" deserialized="true" senderHostId="127.0.0.1/192.168.50.97" callbackId="0" senderCallbackId="0" callbackRef="null" isLocalizable="true" isTransactionBound="false" defaultDisposalTimeout="600" disposalTimeout="600" maxInlineSize="65536" defaultMaxInlineSize="65536" inlineSize="17157" contentType="application/xml" length="-1"><cacheId/><localBackendId/><globalBackendId/><senderLocalBackendId/><senderGlobalBackendId/><inline>&#65279;<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><NewJobOrderInfo xmlns="http://TPIWebPAS" xmlns:xsd="http:/...</inline><senderPullServantJndiName>adobe/idp/DocumentPullServant/adobejb_server1</senderPullServantJndiName><attributes wsfilename="JobOrders.xml" basename="JobOrders.xml" file="JobOrders.xml" JKFileOrder="2"/></document> of type: com.adobe.idp.Document to type: interface org.w3c.dom.Document<br /><br />If I amend the process to write a "Text" file to the server, that step works - but the next process that needs to use it as XML cannot coerce it.<br /><br />I do not understand what is causing this to fail. It seems isolated to the particular XML attachment - as previous files will still run thru the process fine. I have run the XML in various tools that say it is "well formatted", but I don't know what are the critical items for conversion to XML.<br /><br />I am looking for ideas on where to look.<br /><br />Thank You for you assistance<br />Best Regards<br />Mark
13 Replies