Expand my Community achievements bar.

Close Form on Submit

Former Community Member
I am working on a PowerPoint presentation for our company website that links to a PDF form that is posted on our company intranet. When the PowerPoint is viewed in slideshow, and the link to the form is clicked the form opens full-screen with no way to exit back to the Powerpoint slide show. I want to put a "close form" command on the "submit via email" button that is on the form but am having trouble coming up with the correct code. I am really new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Violet,

You can try this on a regular button's click event.

app.execMenuItem("Close");

Former Community Member
I don't think you'll have much success doing this. Firstly, a submit by email initiates a whole bunch of asynchronous user interaction so you have now way to know when that is done. Also, while a document can close itself, it does not have the security priveledges to close the entire Acrobat program, so the window would remain, it's just the form would be gone.

Why can't you switch back to PowerPoint? You can't alt-tab back? Or simply close Acrobat by clicking the X?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
There is no X to click. For some reason it is not giving me any of the regualr minimize/maximize/close buttons. I tried the ALT+Tab solution but it still doesn't close the reader window- it just shifts me to another window.

Former Community Member
Yeah, alt-tab won't close a window just switch focus to another. If there is no min/max/close buttons it must be opening Acrobat in Full Screen mode. You can exit that mode by hitting ESC, and then close it as normal. Or you could hit alt-F4 to close Acrobat directly when it has focus (even full screen mode).

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
ALt+ F4 it is. I tried the button suggestion but got an error that said "you cannot perform this action from an external window". the people I am making this for will just have to learn where the ALT key is!

Thanks so much for all the help!