Expand my Community achievements bar.

Clearing out old process data

Former Community Member
How can I clear out old process data? In my test environment, I have several hung tasks that will not terminate. The tasks exist, but the process they were associated with no longer do.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
There is a utility to purge process. it comes with livecycle install 8.2.X version

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Where can I find this tool?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
Hi,

You can find in the Livecycle8.2 installation directory, under

"LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Foundation\ProcessPurgeTool"

Ex : C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Foundation\ProcessPurgeTool

But if I'm right this utility purge only complete or terminated process.

Level 2
You can go into the LiveCycle Administration Console and select Services > LiveCycle Process Management ES. There are tools to terminate your processes. For example, you can select Process Search and then select the name of your process and terminate the assocated instance of the process. There are other tools but you can read about at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_adminProcessMgmt_82.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
I had already terminated them. I found the tool here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES 8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Foundation\ProcessPurgeTool although I could not get it to work with spaces in the path and moved it.

If I do a search for tasks, I still get them associated with processes that do not exist. In task history in Workspace, I also show all the process names even though there is no longer any data for them.

Level 9
There was a bug in 8.0 that I believe is fixed in 8.2 where tasks assigned to a group were not removed when the process was terminated.

Your easiest solution right now is:

- create a dummy local user called "dummy" or something like that

- go into adminui/process management/task management, find the tasks, and allocate them to the dummy user.

They will still be there, but at least they won't irritate anyone.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Something is messed up with process and/or task termination through AdminUI. I have had to go into the DB, specifically, process instance and action instance tables and change the status on "hung" tasks to get them "terminated"