Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

ClassNotFoundException for custom component

13-01-2009

I have created a custom component and am trying to use it in a process I am creating. This custom component exposes a Bean-type business object. One of the properties of this object is a List<OtherBusinessObject>. I am trying to output this List<OtherBusinessObject> into a process variable, but I get an exception: ClassNotFoundException: OtherBusinessObject. From the stack trace it looks like this is happening during the deserialization of the List<OtherBusinessObject>. <br /><br />OtherBusinessObject implements Serializable...I have no idea why the process cannot find my OtherBusinessObject class. I have configured it in the component.xml as:<br /><br /><data-types><br /><data-type id="com.mycompany.mylibrary.OtherBusinessObject" title="OtherBusinessObject"/><br /></data-types><br /><br />This seems to be fine as I can select my class type from the list of types in the "variable" form.<br /><br />Help!

Replies

Level 3
_Michael_Feicht
Level 3

0 likes

Total Posts

35 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 3
_Michael_Feicht
Level 3

0 likes

Total Posts

35 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
_Michael_Feicht
Level 3

23-01-2009

Hi Mike,

I think we have the exact same problem.

As far as I could interpret the stacktrace, the problem occurs when LC is trying to deserialize the variables of an long-lived process. So do you have a long-lived or a short-lived process?

We've put the part with the custom object into an short-lived subprocess to work around that problem.

But the core problem still exists - How can you make the LC classloader to find your custom object?

kind regards

Michael