Checkboxes

28-07-2008

Hi I have created a form which uses checkboxes. A customer needs to check one or more of the boxes in order to show the subforms related to the checkbox.

Now when the customer uncheck the box the subforms stays visible.

With Radio button it works as i use the folowing

Content.subGeneralTB.presence = "hidden" to hide

or

Content.subGeneralTB.presence = "visible" to show

I gues I need to use a value or something in order to work in a checkbox.

Thanks for the help

Replies

Highlighted

31-07-2008

Strange, it works fine with my form. Are you using LiveCycle Desiger or Acrobat? What version?
Highlighted

31-07-2008

I use Designer 8.1 and Acrobat Reader 8.1.2

what for event do you use?
Highlighted

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

31-07-2008

Make sure that you are saving the form as dynamic. In the saveAs dialog there is a drop down that allows you to save the PDF as a type.
Highlighted

01-08-2008

It works now. I had = instead of ==

with this it works

if (checkbox1.rawvalue ==0) {

textfield1.presence="hidden";

} else if (checkbox1.rawvalue ==1) {

textfield1.presence="visible";

}
Highlighted

04-08-2008

Hi,

I am having trouble with the alignment of my check boxes. I have almost a whole page of check boxes but I cannot figure out how to align the boxes, vertically, horizontally, left, right and to each other. I tried the alignment option and it only allows one action. This is the first time I have used LiveCycle. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Patty
Highlighted

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

05-08-2008

You can pick multiple objects that you want to align together. Lets say we want to alig a number of objects to the left edge. We can put one exactly where we want. Then select all others that you want to align and with the last selection choose the one that is aligned (this will be the object that all others are based off of). Then click on the Layout/Align/Left option and all objects that were chosen will align with the last selected object. Now repeat for the other dimensions that you want.