Expand my Community achievements bar.

Checkboxes control appearance of numeric fields when two or more checkboxes are checked

Level 2
Dear friends

I have a problem including checkboxes, numeric fields and variables

Task:

There are five checkboxes to be checked by the user (let's name them 1,2,3,4,5)

Combined with the checkboxes there are 5 numericFields and 1 Textbox (let's name them A,B,C,D,E and T)

The following has to be scripted!

If two or more checkboxes are checked the textbox (T) plus the corresponding numericField (1-A; 2-B; 3-C; 4-D; 5-E) has to appear

If only one checkbox (or no checkbox) has been checked - none of the numericFields or the Textbox is supposed to be visible.

Idea:

I tried to introduce a variable connected to the form:ready event of the first checkbox:

Formular1.superframe.general.primarylevel::ready:form - (FormCalc, client)

var schooleducationlevelcounter=0

I set the Textbox and the five numericfields to invisible then on the exit event of each of the five checkboxes - I tried to increment the variable and have the script check whether or not the variable has become greater than 1 - if that was the case the script is supposed to set the correwsponding numericField to visible:

This script looks like this (it is probably ridiculously wrong - however I am supernew to Javascripting...)

(By the way is the rawValue of a checked checkbox "1" - and of an unchecked checkbox "0" ?!?!?)

Formular1.superframe.general.primarylevel::exit - (JavaScript, client)

if (xfa.form.Formular1.superframe.general.primarylevel.rawValue==1)

{

++schooleducationlevelcounter

}

if (schooleducationlevelcounter>1)

{

xfa.form.Formular1.superframe.administrator.totalcompschoolform.presence = "visible"

}

I hope you can help me out...
0 Replies