Expand my Community achievements bar.

Checkbox Validation Problem

Former Community Member
I have a subform on that has 5 product check boxes in it. The user can check 1 or all of them.

I need to do some sort of validation on all of them so that I can alert the user if at least one not checked. At least one of them has to be checked in order to submit this form.\

Here is the code that I am trying to use:

---------Begin Code--------

if (ckbxDrug1.rawValue == 0 && ckbxDrug2.rawValue == 0 && ckbxDrug3.rawValue == 0 && ckbxDrug4.rawValue == 0)

{

alert("Please choose at least one product!");

}

---------End Code----------

I've tried putting this in several different events of the subform but it hasn't worked.

I have a demo to do tomorrow and need to get this fixed. This is the last of my errors.

Thanks,

John
3 Replies

Former Community Member
There is nothing wrong with your logic but you have a scripting error on the message. In acrobat/reader to bring up a message box you need to use app.alert("message goes here") not alert.

Also I woudl put the code on the exit event of the subform that contains the checkboxes.

Former Community Member
Paul,

Thank you for your help.

I wasn't able to get it to work on the exit event of the subform. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member
Post your form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look. It works on my machine so it must be a configuration issue.