Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Check listbox if it's empty

Former Community Member
Hey,

I allow to dynamically add items to a listbox then want to check if

it's empty. I want to know if there's something similar to:

if ((ac.rawValue == null) || (ac.rawValue == ""))

{ xfa.host.messageBox("Please fill out all the fields"); }

Thanks!
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Not sure what you are trying to do, but you can only add one item to the list and that becomes the selected item. So ListBoxName.rawValue will give you the value they selected. If they did not select anything then the value will be null....which means they did not add an entry either.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your answer Paul.

Actually I have a form which has text fields, radio buttons and listboxes. At the end of the form I have a Print button which first checks the emtpy fields.

Everything is working great with the textfields (using the code listed above) but when trying to get checked the listbox value I can't do it using that code.

I want to know the best method in checking if a listbox has at least 1 element in it.

Same for the radio buttons - how can I check that at least one radio button has been selected.

Thanks!

Former Community Member
I've tried ListBoxName.rawValue but it doesn't work,...

Former Community Member
Okay, it's working. Only if the user selects something in the listbox. For that matter - how can I select automatically always the first item in the listbox once something is dynamically added to the listbox?

Former Community Member
Nevermind,.. found the answer here:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c054091/0?14@@

//get the listbox's all the nodes

var nodeList = form1.page1.ListBox1.resolveNode("#items").nodes;

//set the listbox's value with the first item's value

form1.page1.ListBox1.rawValue = nodeList.item(0).value;

Hope it will help someone else in the future! Thread closed.