Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Check box fields and drop down fields not saving

Level 3
I have created a form for the tracking of paperwork in our office, but the form I created has a major pitfall. I noticed that it isn't saving any of the checked boxes or options selected from drop-down lists.

The form is otherwise perfectly functional. I can open it, manipulate it, save it, and reopen it. All other fields (date/time fields, text fields) are saving, but not one check box or drop down menu fields save. How can I make it so these objects save with the rest of the form?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Brandon,<br /><br />By default check boxes and drop-down lists maintain state the same as other objects.<br /><br />Are you running script against either either object to initialize, calculate, validate, etcetera?<br /><br />Does each object have a default value setting, check box 'Off' and drop-down list '<None>'?<br /><br />Steve

Level 3
I created this form from scratch, and am using no (user entered) scripts. The only scripts I'm aware of on the whole form are the ones on the page navigation custom form insert, to quickly switch between pages.

All defaul values are set to off for check box and none for the drop down list.

Former Community Member
What client are you using?

What version is the client?

Are you merging data into the form?

Level 3
Adobe Acrobrat 9 Pro Extended. Adobe Livecycle Designer ES

Version 9.0.0, & Version 8.2.1.3144.1.471865 respectively

No data merging in this form. This form is solely for tracking purposes and I'll be putting new information into it.

Former Community Member
If you can send the form to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Steve

Level 3
Steve,

Sent. Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this.

Brandon

Former Community Member
To recap...

Drop-down list - The drop-down list is part of a subform where a subform represents a page. Next and previous buttons are used to page up and page down through the subforms. The form was defined as a static form. Defining the form as a dynamic form resulted in the proper behaviour.

Checkboxes - The form contains check boxes that are untitled. Untitled check boxes do not get a binding definition. Since the three check boxes in row 1 were all untitled there was no binding definition. Defining each checkbox with a name, which propogated to the binding definition, resulted in the proper behaviour.

Level 3
This advice ultimately worked, thank you very much. As soon as I named the checkboxes they started to save. I changed the form to dynamic and noticed that the drop down menus still weren't saving, so I went back and looked at them again. For some reason they either defaulted (or I accidently set)to (none) for binding, once I changed that to normal binding they started to save.

Thanks again for the help Mr. Walker. Every time I use this software I learn something new.

Brandon