Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Changing a field value in a document form

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a document form (digitally signed and containing attachments) in which I must change a field to make the form show 2 pages instead of just 1. Is this at all possible?

The key issue is that I have a form which the submitter (outside Workspace) must only see page 1 of, and the receiver (inside Workspace) must see both page 1 and 2 of.

I am not really sure how to proceed with this, can you give some hints?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim
4 Replies

Level 10
You would have to use the import and export data from the Form Data Integration service to change export the data, change the value and re-import it.

This may break your signature though.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

This was what I feared, but I don't really see any way around this.

Adobe Reader will show that the signature is valid but the document has been changed since submission right?

The exporting and importing should hopefully not ruin all of the signature?

I will try this stuff tomorrow, when I am back at the office.

Thanks for the input, as always useful knowledge :)

Sincerely

Kim

Level 7
Hi Kim,

I had a similar situation in which the signed form would need to have an addtional page when viewed in Workspace.

Using attachments, I have been able to overcome the problem. I created 2 forms. One was the signed document and the other was the additional page. I use the additional page as xfaForm variable in Workspace and the signed document is the attachment.

This way the user can manipulate the Workspace form and verify the attachment (signed document). This will prevent the signature from breaking.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks

Aditya

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Aditya,

Thanks for your input - it is highly helpful :)

Some values in my second page is dependant of the signed document, but this should be no problem as I could just export the data and import it into the xfaform.

I will try carrying your idea into the solution

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely

Kim