Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

change form highlight color

Former Community Member
Hi,

Is it possible to change the highlight color of the form through the form itself, not through the preference | form setting of the Adobe Reader.

Also, how to highlight only those fields that is mandatory and is not filled in?

Thanks.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Yes you can control the highlight color. It is an acroForm setting and not in XFA but you can access it through the XFA side. the command you want is:

app.runtimeHighlightColor = "RGB value"

If the field is mark as required then it will be highlighted in Red by default.

Level 1

Hi,

Where do I place this piece of code exactly?

Thanks!

Former Community Member
Hi,

Thank you Paul. Is there a document or web site that have reference to the acroForm commands, properties or setting?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I tried setting app.runtimeHighlightColor=[RGB,0.22,0.22,0.22] , it changes the color of the field value area. How can I change color of the red box for those field that is set to required. Thanks.

Former Community Member
There is a setting in the properties but it is not exposed in the Javascript (that I can see anyways). I got those commands in the Acrobat JavaScript reference.

Former Community Member
Does it means that the setting of the red box for those required field cannot be set in LC designer? Thanks.

Level 1

I was wondering if anyone found a way to change the red outline for mandatory fields in LCD ES2.
Thanks a lot!