Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot read resource located in repository

Level 3
Hello,

I'm trying to read a resource located in the repository. I have a directory NAMED dir1 located under the root. Within that directory(dir1) I created a file NAMED file1. Within file1 I have a key/value TEMP-DIR=c:/lctemp.

Within a process I use the RepositoryService ReadResourceContent operations:

the input is <> /dir1/file1

the output is <> doc1 (a document variable). I'm getting null on the return.

Thank you for any insight.

Jesse

P.S.

Looking at the server log during startup, I did see this fragment which may or may not have a bearing: ("I'M using JBoss Turnkey on Windows XP)

(it has an ERROR--unable to find config file and it has a WARN

WARN [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo] Only the root deployment can set the loader repository, ignoring config=LoaderRepositoryConfig(repositoryName: com.adobe.edc.startupservice:loader=edc-startup.sar, repositoryClassName: org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3, configParserClassName: null, repositoryConfig: null)

2008-09-15 14:45:53,289 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Booting [com.celequest.system.boot.generic.RestartManager]...

2008-09-15 14:45:57,255 ERROR [org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet] Unable to find config file. Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

2008-09-15 14:45:57,636 INFO [org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer] Started J2EE application: file:/C:/Adobe/LiveCycle8/jboss/server/all/deploy/CAS_Adobe.ear

2008-09-15 14:47:55,473 INFO [org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/Adobe/LiveCycle8/jboss/server/all/deploy/adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear

2008-09-15 14:49:29,005 WARN [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo] Only the root deployment can set the loader repository, ignoring config=LoaderRepositoryConfig(repositoryName: com.adobe.edc.startupservice:loader=edc-startup.sar, repositoryClassName: org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3, configParserClassName: null, repositoryConfig: null)

2008-09-15 14:49:30,948 WARN [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Found non-jar deployer for adobe-dscf.jar: MBeanProxyExt[jboss
3 Replies

Level 10
How do you know you get null on the return?

I've tried the exact same thing and it works for me. Try to use the Record and Playback feature to check the content of you variables.

It could be that something is not installed properly.

Jasmin

Level 3
Hello Jasmin,

I'm using an older release of LiveCycle--dont have record/playback.

I created a process-getTempdir and a .net client. The client is supposed to return the document at the repository location

(/dir1/file1).

The process call the ReadResource of RepositoryService passing in

/dir1/file1.

The process returns the results (a document) to the client:

Like:

{

try{

Document doc = svc.invoke();

}

catch(Exception e) {

Console.WriteLine(e};

}

A null pointer exception is being caught.

Jesse

Level 3
Resolved. I updated to the latest service pack(sp3 for 8.0.x). Works now.