Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot open .project file

Former Community Member
b I have a Turnkey installation of ES 801. It is running in a VM.

When I login to Workbench, the eclipse log records this exception (only the first few lines are listed, followed by the 'Caused by' line is listed below):

!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.singlesignon 4 4 2007-11-08 05:45:56.281

!MESSAGE login notification failed

!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.IDESession.getProject(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.IDESession.getProject(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: The project description file (.project) for es801-trnkey-a 87.128 is missing. This file contains important information about the project. The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

b I also get this message when I attempt to access the repository. This is when I am browsing for a Tempplate URL when a new xfaForm process variable is being specified. Again only the first few lines of trace and the 'Caused by' line are listed.

!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2007-11-08 06:14:10.531

!MESSAGE Failed to open repository picker dialog

!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalStateException

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: The project description file (.project) for es801-trnkey-a 87.128 is missing. This file contains important information about the project. The project will not function properly until this file is restored.
3 Replies

Level 10
First, try to recreate the workbench connection to the server and give it a new name.

If that doesn't work, you might have to re-install workbench. You won't loose any work since all the data is stored in the database. It's just a matter of re-installing the client application.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thank you Jasmin. The deletion of the workbench connection config and re-creation fixed the problem.

Are you aware of WorkBench documentation that is better then Creating First LiveCycle ES Application or WorkBench ES help?

I would like details relating to properties on the various actions one puts on the process design pallet for instance.

Thanks again!

Peter Bourke

Level 10
The best documentation for workbench action properties is under the Help menu of workbench. It talks about most of the actions properties.

Jasmin