Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Cannot login (with correct userID and password)

Former Community Member
Hey there,

I'm using the trial version of Adobe LiveCycle ES and installed it on a virtual "Windows Server 2003"-machine.

Logging in to the adminui works fine, but when trying to login as any user on the workspace, it results into an error without description.

Can anybody help me?
11 Replies

Level 10
Make sure the user your using has the "Workspace User" role.

You can check that from the adminui under Setting/User Management/Role Management.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I just checked that (after reading your reply), every user I tried has this role - I am using the samples (users, roles, ...), so "Alex Pink", "Rye Woodard" and "Tony Blue" do have the "Workspace-User" role.

Some other ideas?

Level 10
Are you using "password" for the password.

Can you check in the server.log to see what kind of exception you get?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Yes, I am using "password".

There is no (Java-)Exception so far, but an ERROR-Output:

2008-09-09 17:44:45,172 ERROR [com.adobe.workspace.users.Authentication] ALC-WKS-005-002: Authentication error: a problem occurred creating the default queue for user "apink".

Former Community Member
Has anybody got a fix for this? We are currently seeing the same issue.

Former Community Member
OK, I've found a way to make it work again.

Checking the users in the adminui, I found that there weren't any even though I could log in to the adminui as one. Also, the drop list that allows you to restrict the search to a specific domain contained none of our domains or even the default domain.

I went to domain management and changed the name of the default domain just to force a write to the database. After doing this, everything started working normally.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your help so far, but it still doens't work.

Id tried out Jeremy's solution, but it didn't help. I even changed user fields (like telephone number etc.) to force a database write or tried to create new users.

I was really looking forward for trying out Adobe LiveCycle ES, but for it still doesn't work, I think I'll have to skip it an try out another system.

Level 4
Hi Drews,

Try redeploying LC ears.

Level 3
If you can log into the Admin UI as the "administrator" user then you should be able to log into workspace too. If you are trying to log into workspace as any other user identity, then make sure that the user has the appropriate permission; for example try assigning the "Workspace User" role to that user in the Admin UI.

If you cannot even log on to Workspace as the "administrator" user then chances are something is wrong with your installation. You should have a look in the server log to see if there is any error being reported.

Former Community Member
Try toggling the "Enable Account Locking" setting for the UM domain (via AdminUI)and restart the server.

Do you see any other errors in the server log like -

message:None of the Auth Provider could authenticate the user. Authentication Failed chainedException:javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s);

Former Community Member
Hey i am also getting the same problem.

Please if anyone got the answer for that do share it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Shobhit