Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't sign an .PDF document

Level 1

Hello everybody! I have a problem regarding a digital signature!

A month ago I bought an Oberthur token to sign some documents. I followed the guide and tryied to import the device in Mozilla Firefox. After a few atempts I have abandoned the idea and (also following the guide) I managed to import it in Explorer (the guide proved flawless). I have signed one document and all was ok.

Yesterday I tryied to msign another document, but when I click the signature field I get the tab: Add digital ID. When I chose the "A device connected to this computer" option I got this message: "Acrobat could not find any new digital IDs..."!

I have unistalled both Mozilla Firefox and Adobe Reader X and reinstalled them. I have managed to import the signature device in Mozilla, but I can't still sign documents!

What is there to be done?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I am not familiar with the Oberthur solution, but it sounds like from your description that it is a digital certificate stored on a hardware device.  If this is the case, Reader must be configured to access this device via a PKCS11 interface (driver, typically a DLL file).

To access the security settings dialog in Reader where this configuration musrt be completed, select Edit > Protection > Security Settings...

Select "PKCS#11 Modules and Tokens"

SecuritySettings.jpg

You will then get a security warning...

SecurityWarning.jpg

Select "Always open with Protected Mode disabled", click OK

Click the "Attach Module" button to install the driver.

AttachModule.jpg

This should resolve your issue.

If you are using a "soft cert" (a digital certificate in file format such as PFX or P12) then you can ignore the PKCS#11 settings, and select the "Digital ID Files" option and click "Attach File"

Hope this helps.

Steve