Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't seem to figure out how to get the signature to work correctly

Former Community Member
I am having trouble getting Digital Signatures to work on a PDF. This is the first time that I have ever tried to use them, and the first time that I used Lifecycle to convert a form instead of just building it one field at a time in Acrobat Pro.

In the past, I have gotten several PDF's that required signing. It seemed like an easy process, I clicked on the signature to sign it and then the email button to submit. The first time I did it before I had a signature, it walked me through the process of getting one set up, that was easy too.

Now, I need one, and all of the sudden, it doesn't seem so easy any more.

I have the CS3 Design suite with Acrobat Pro 8.0

I did the layout in InDesign, and the form conversion in Lifecycle. The signature fields were added there automatically, all looked good so far.

I open the file in Reader 9.0 and am unable to add a signature. I made sure that Reader 9.0 knew where my signature file was, but no matter what I do the document sign options are all greyed out.

I opened the form in Acrobat 8 and it will let me sign, but I have to immediately save/as or the signature doesn't take. I have to save it save/as twice because there are two signatures.

I figured there was some rights setting wrong, but can't find it. I have searched for signature, but can't seem to find a post that applies to my problem.

This is driving me crazy. This shouldn't be that difficult. I am missing something here.

Can anybody here shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Kirk
11 Replies