Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't replace pages...ideas?

Former Community Member
On Acrobat 8 ProfessionalI created a word doc, converted it to a pdf. I then turned it into a form and edited it in Live Cycle 7. Now, I cannot replace pages, the option is shadowed out in the menu. No security is turned on. Can you help with why?
3 Replies

Level 7
To replace pages you can not make forms in XML or LiveCycle Designer, you need to to use Acrobat's AcroForm Toolbar.

Former Community Member
The form was created using the pdf writer, converting the word doc. I only used Livecycle to edit the form. Since I created it this way, isn't it an Acroform?

Level 7
NO it is not the same.

AcroForms was the form structure developed by Acrobat and is more text based while LiveCycle Designer was developed by JetFroms using the new XML format, which could be placed within a PDF wrapper and displayed by Acrobat/Reader and the XML form has a limited Acrobat JavaScript interface.

You have to use Acrobat's AcroForm Toolbar to add and modify form fields if you are going to replace the underlying pages.