Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't invoke an xdp form

Level 4
I have an active short-lived process that gets the users's displayName from LDAP(this works properly).

I used the SoapService url to create a wsdl, then created a form (getLDAPUserForm) where you can enter the user's email, click on the button to invoke the service and populate the displayName in another field.

To get this form to display in workspace, I had to create a simple process (just the "assign task" operation), and reference the getLDAPUserForm as input for the process.

The form will not render in workspace (-040 error). It is using the default rendering service. The form is saved as xdp and the process variable representing the form is an xfaForm variable.

Any suggestions as to why the form won't render? Thank you.
4 Replies

Level 4
p.s. I understand that the default render cannot be used to render an xdp form, so I saved the form as pdf and tried the process again, still with no luck. FYI and thank you for any suggestions.

Level 10
"To get this form to display in workspace, I had to create a simple process (just the "assign task" operation), and reference the getLDAPUserForm as input for the process."

I don't get this. To get a form to display you need to have an input varibale of type Document Form or xfaForm.

Jasmin

Level 4
Yes when I said "reference the getLDAPUserForm as input for the process", I meant that I had an xfaForm var pointing to the Form which is input into the process, which only has a simple Assign Task operation. Thanks.

Level 10
If you use an XDP you have to use the renderPDFForm from Process Management.

If you use a PDF, then the Default render service should be fine, but obviously something is not working.

Can you enable Recording on the render service you're using? That way you can see which step is failing.

Also something should be written in the server.log that might help diagnose the issue.

Jasmin